At Red Antler, we launch and grow brands. We’ve done this for Prose, Snowe, and Jot to name a few. We believe that bringing curious, empathetic people together working toward a shared purpose creates a brand experience that can change the world. As we grow, we’re searching for a thoughtful Copywriter to join our Writing team. You’ll have a passion for storytelling and want to help shape how new brands are communicating in the world. You’re excited to dig deep into understanding our clients and bring big ideas to life — especially through outstanding digital experiences.
- Employment Type
- Brooklyn, NY
- Reporting To
- Liz Juusola
Who you are:
- You’re a storyteller, both in terms of big-picture narratives and the details of top-notch creative execution
- You’re an exceptionally creative writer with the versatility to adapt your tone and style based on the brief, industry, audience, and medium
- You’re website savvy and can contribute to the content strategy of a digital experience
- You’re an expert at ideation and push yourself to think about multiple different solutions and approaches
- You’re a natural researcher and believe that great writing comes from deep understanding
- You think beyond the written word, considering how to best tell stories through photography, illustration, and video
- You’re a competent copyeditor (and probably have a strong POV on commas)
- You’re flexible and are able to prioritize in a fast-moving agency environment
- You’re receptive to (and even hungry for!) feedback and can try different things until you land on the best way forward
- You’re interested in startups and passionate about design
- You’re tenacious, collaborative, and humble
- You have a great sense of humor!
Nuts and bolts:
- You have 2-5 years of copywriting experience with a strong focus on digital or content strategy, ideally at an agency or high-growth startup
- You have a track record of successful collaboration with UX/digital designers on websites (words like “wireframe” and “conversion” are familiar to you — and you may have even worked on optimizing site performance over time)
- You’ve also brought brand strategies to life through copy in other experiences, like packaging and campaigns
- You’re a seasoned presenter and have experience articulating the strategic rationale behind creative decisions
- You can work successfully with moderate oversight with the ability to manage your own time and self-edit
What works here:
- In a lot of ways, we embody the best things about a startup culture. We are self-starters who know how to create something from nothing. Someone who is both independent and values collaboration will be successful here.
About Red Antler
Red Antler is the leading brand company for startups and new ventures that are challenging what is and creating what’s next. Its multi-disciplinary team of strategists, designers, and marketers is based in Brooklyn and works with clients around the globe, including Casper, Allbirds, Prose, and Google. Working across the entire consumer experience, we transform businesses into brands people love.
Not quite right? Register your interest to be notified of any roles that come along that meet your criteria.